Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Tree House Is Coming Together

With Paige in JC for the weekend I decided it was a perfect time for me to work on the tree house. Two solid days of work (Sat & Sun) lead to the photos below. I would like to say thanks to my friends and neighbors for all their help. It was great having all of you stop by and give me a hand. Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks I can get the walls up and enclose the fist floor. Make sure you check back for the progress.







Views from the first level



Paige is getting really excited to play in her soon to be tree house.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

I feel safe in saying that I bet dad would say its a "glorified deer stand"....I put money on it!

Biker Boy said...

Did you say walling in the first floor? How many levels is this thing going to have? Any interest in coming to Portland and building us a deck? Nice work!

Dadageik said...

Do you need permits in the south? Out here, we'd never get such a sweet place without several!

Nice work Kirby!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

It's looking great!

The Fun Park said...

"Glorified deer stand" I have heard that a lot over the weekend.

It's going to be a two story tree house with a deck. The first story is the house with a deck. The kids will access the second story for inside (you can see where I left a few boards out of the upper floor on the right) through a floor door with a little latter. The top floor will be kind of like an observation area but with a roof, and of course lots of rails for safety, and a telescope. It might be awhile before the second floor is completed. The girls and their friends will have to be old enough to follow rules and be safe.

Permits…what the hell are those?

Steve said...

Are you going to add some ramps and see-saws to practice your North Shore riding?

The Fun Park said...

I don't have to. The park behind my house has a small pump track and several log rides. They are working on a long slight down section of several doubles. I'll have to take some photos.