Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bay Area Meets NC

We had two visitors this week for California. Curtis http://www.ingliscycles.com/ and Jeff. They flew into Nashville on Tuesday night to partake in a race in Fayetteville, TN this Friday. Ken, myself, and a few others were able to convinced them to drive to Asheville to do some riding.

Below are a few photos of our riding adventures yesterday. Gabe (Smoke) joined in on the fun. Being the out of shape guy I am right now I could only put in about three and half hours on the mtn with them in the morning.

We went downtown from some good grub and a little tour of the basement of Hearn’s Bike Shop http://www.hearns-cycling.com/ in search of all bike stuff. We found a few cool things but nothing to write home to mom about.

Back to the house for a quick nap and before I hooked them up with a few friends around 6:30pm for another dose of riding. Curtis and Jeff got a good 5 ½ hours of riding in yesterday.

This morning we had breakfast at the Moose CafĂ© and they hit the road with a destination of Tsali. I’ll see all of you in August for worlds. Thanks for visiting and riding “The Back Yard” trails.

Ready to roll on a cool morning

Trying to figure out the camera.

Climbing to the top

Taking a break before more great riding

Photo says it all. Welcome to NC you Napa and Bay Area Boys

Trash or treasure?



Paige was happy to see us make it home



Gabe and Curtis climbing up to Five Points

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dirty chamois...looks like someone didn't heed the no skidding rule!

Glad you all had a great time, wish I was there!

The Fun Park said...

I glad you noticed that....:) we missed you Ken! We talked a lot about you.

SSWC08 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SSWC08 said...

Thank you for hosting the boys! Paige is a beautiful young lady. -Mitzi Inglis

The Fun Park said...

It was our pleasure. Paige was asking where Curtis was the next morning. I think Curtis made quite the impression on Paige. I hope the rest of their trip goes well. See you in August.

Steve said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Hopefully I will have my ss by August.

The Fun Park said...

I hope so because I'm planning on a lot of riding.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris - thanks again for being such a great host/trail guide in Asheville. The rest of the trip was great - here's the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92488036@N00/sets/72157604937077159/

...and let's be clear Ken - we talked a lot of 'sh*t' about you.

Jeff

The Fun Park said...

It was my pleasure. I had a great time hanging with you and Curtis. I’m looking forward to SSWC.

Great photos! I’m glad the trip was a success.

That’s right Ken. Your ears should have been burning.