Thursday, December 04, 2008

Longboarding On The Parkway

So I decided today would be my first day on the Parkway to try my very armature long boarding abilities. I hike up for about an hour and got to an area I felt was a good starting point. Its amazing how fast (or at least how fast it fells) you can get going on a board. There were some sections I had to walk and other I could ride. It was a great experience and I loved it. It gave me a feeling of being in the backcountry doing some skiing. I really miss those times in the middle of no ware, hiking to the top of a great run, and letting it all go. I think this long boarding thing might help me out.
I got to use some of my basic fundamentals of scrubbing speed by carving, and of course stopping by riding into the grass and jumping off. A few times I got up to what I felt was pretty fast and had to ditch and took a few tumbles. It’s all in the learning process. Hopefully I can get some good riding time in this coming year and have a lot more skills for next winter.

Hiking up the parkway

I have the raod all to myself

The board of choice

No comments: