Thursday, November 27, 2008

North Carolina UCI Has Come And Gone Once Again

Last weekend was the UCI cross race in Hendersonville. Same drill. Friday setup course, crowed barriers, tape course, pits, tents, and a few beers.

Saturday morning treated us to 17 degrees for the Masters race. The course was a lot of fun. The cold keep the speeds a little slower, but still pretty fast for this guy. My 30 minutes of training a week isn't really doing much for me. I still got myself 11 place on Saturday.

Sunday was a lot warmer (32 degrees) for the Masters race. The speeds were a lot faster due to everyone being a little warmer. I still managed I think a 13th place.

All in all I wish I could have put a lot more time on the bike and gave the race a better effort, but that's what happens when you have a family. Maybe next year I can get my act together and place in the top 5.

Sunday after the race we took everything down and called it a weekend.

Course patrol





Paige getting ready to cheer on the racers

The whole family at the races

Ellie (one of Paige’s friends) cheering on the racers

No comments: