Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Global Warming / Human Made or Natural Cycle?

The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change is ending today in New York. There have been a lot of discussion about global warming and do humans really have any control over this natural event. Here are a few articles I briefly read today at lunch. I hope I don't get accused of cherry picking again. This is just a list of the first few articles I found in today’s news. You be the judge.

http://www.heartland.org/NewYork08/newyork08.cfm

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=164002

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080303175301.aspx

http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalcapital/2008/03/03/heating-up-the-global-warming-debate-if-there-still-is-one/?mod=googlenews_wsj

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change is ending today in New York"

Where it was a balmy 63 degrees, at the beginning of a month that historically averages a maximum of 49.8 degrees.

Looks like that mythical warming showed up for the closing session.

The Fun Park said...

I believe just a month ago a climate conference was canceled do to cold weather and a snow storm so I guess mythical cooling showed up for the open session.

On Feb 28th the high was a frigid 28 degrees when the historical average is 44 degrees. Now I would call this "cherry picking".

Maybe someone is turning on giant heaters and coolers when they have these conventions...ha,ha,ha

Anonymous said...

"I believe just a month ago a climate conference was canceled do to cold weather and a snow storm so I guess mythical cooling showed up for the open session."

Snow storms are mythical in January?

Ummmm, okay.....

The Fun Park said...

My point exactly. I'm assuming with our earth warming at an alarming rate I would say that should weird...right? You show me on March 4th NY was 13.2 degree above the average temp. I show 6 days early NY has temps 16 degrees below the average temp. So what really is the point here? Are we not just proving weather in not completely predictable?

Anonymous said...

"My point exactly. I'm assuming with our earth warming at an alarming rate I would say that should weird...right?"

Weird that it's cold and snows in January and February?

Sorry dude, you've lost me on that one.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Here is an interesting article regarding what scientists observed for the three days that airline flights were grounded after 9/11.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_trans.shtml

The outcome is a closer look at a phenomenon called Global Dimming. You might find it worthwhile to read given your interest in global warming.