Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another Full Weekend

We had a lot of visitors this last week. David was in town last Thursday from Franklin, TN. He was here picking out a puppy for his family. One of the doctors Lyn works with is fostering something like 6 Terrier puppies and trying to find homes for them. David did a great job and picked out the happiest puppy in the litter. I believe the whole family will be back in 4 weeks to pick her up. His two girls are going to be so excited. Afterwards we went to one of my favorite Northern Italian restaurants Vincenzo’s. The food is sooooo good.

Friday night my mom and sister arrived from DC. So in standard form I stayed up until 2 / 2:30am talking. Of course Paige did not sleep in the next morning so I was up at about 6:15am playing and running around the house. It was a long day.

My sister has really gotten into running over the last few years and she wanted to run a race on Sunday in Fletched, NC. Considering the fact the last time I actually did any running of any kind outside of cross was over a year ago with her back in Nebraska. So of course I could not let her down. I figured if I would go for a good mountain bike ride first that should help loosen me up. So I went out and hit the trails for about 2 hours 30 minutes. We I got back to the house I changed clothes and drove to the race in Fletcher. It all worked out pretty well. Shelley ran hard and did great and I can still walk today without any pain. All and all it went great!

My family headed back to DC yesterday and Paige really missed Grandma. When they left Paige went into the room my mom was staying in and was looking for her. It was cute and sad at the same time.


Ready to run

Look... it's really me running again.

It's all over and I cannot wait to eat my cookie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you forgot your DeSalvo for the running race.

Shelley said...

It was a great race! Thanks for running it with me, I think I will try to make it down there for the May 7th/ish race. You better start training! :)

The Fun Park said...

I'll be ready.