Sunday, January 07, 2007

Winter Cross Has Started

Winter cross season has official started. That means no more nice sunny warm days. Lyn, Paige, and I loaded up and headed to the race. The weather on Saturday was unbelievable. It was 70 degrees! This is not normal. It did rain really hard on Thursday and Friday which meant we were treated to a muddy course. Lots of power was need for the Saturday race. I used all my power (which is not much) and landed a 4th place finish. Not to bad for coming off the Holiday season.

Today was a different store. The rain is here! It was about 45 degrees and raining for the race. The good thing was the course had some paved sections which helped make up for lost time in the muddy and slippery sections. I ended up 2nd today. Next week it's off to Durham.

70 in January? I forgot my jersey so I raced in my base layer. I was looking pretty sweat!

Paige and Mommy enjoying the nice warm sunny day.

4 comments:

Frank's Cyclery said...

Geez,

Worked so hard building that bike, and you just drag it through the mud. Let me know if you are racing in Durham.

Frank

The Fun Park said...

That's right...I'm putting the bike to good use.

I'll be at the Durham race unless something comes up at the last minute. We are going to stay with my dad on Saturday night. I'll give you a buzz this week.

Steve said...

I just have to say it again....that is one sexy bike!

The Fun Park said...

Thanks. It rides great!