Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Should Of Just Drank Beer This Weekend

The weather was so nice last weekend. It was in the 70’s on Saturday and Sunday. Lyn and I ventured to the Raleigh – Durham area to visit my dad and to do a cross race on Sunday in Durham. Hanging with the family was great the cross race was horrible. Last week I maybe logged 1 hour on my bike and I expected to be competitive. Boy was I wrong. I got my a-- handed to me. It only took 2 laps before I realized this was going to be a horrible race. I felt like I was dragging around a 40 pound weight behind me. People I usually never see were passing me and even saying “Bedsaul what’s up”. So anyways I finished the race even though I wanted to stop after two laps. After the race we ate lunch with Frank and Anne and headed home. I hope this weekend I can redeem myself. I will force myself to ride the trainer this week if I have to. I hate the trainer!

This was NOT me this weekend!

I should have been doing this instead of racing. I would of had more fun.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Sorry to hear about your race. Some days you are the nail and some days you are the hammer.

The real reason you didn't race well was because you were on your Specialized.

The Fun Park said...

This is an old photo from early in the year. I was on the rocket but the motor was not working.