Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fantastic Weekend With Family

Where do I start? This last week and weekend was full of excitement. My parents (who will now forever be called Grandma & Grandpa) flew into Knoxville last Wednesday night. I happen to be in Chattanooga that day for work and came through Knoxville when they got to town. I picked them up and headed back to Asheville. I was able to take Thursday, Friday, and Monday off of work so we could all spend of good quality time together.

Thursday Grandpa & I worked on the tree house preparing the big swings for our Sunday party. We worked on this new addition pretty much everyday little by little until it was completed Saturday night. Great addition to the tree house. Thanks Grandpa for all the help. All the kids on Sunday loved it.

Grandma and Grandpa brought us a little treat from Nebraska. If you from the Midwest you know all about this little guys. There called mushrooms. For all you California hippies it’s not the mushrooms you’re thinking of. These things only come around for a few weeks out of the year. They brought two big bags with them. On Thursday night my Mom did her magic cooking and we eat mushrooms until we about exploded. They are awesome!!!!!

Thursday night I learned about “Bo In A Bottle”. A little inside joke on Grandpa. You’ll have to ask him about it. I have been sworn to secrecy on this one.

Friday brought great weather, several trips to Lowes, Home Depot, and a great night out on the town. Downtown was living up to its name on Friday night. We ate so good food and turned Paige loose with all the spinners. Great free entertainment.

Saturday lead to more trips to Lowes and more building on the tree house. Saturday night we had a few more mushrooms to cook up so we did. Mmmmmmm good!

We had Claire baptized on Sunday so we had an after church party with some friends, family, and neighbors. It was a good time.

Before we new it it was Monday and Paige and I were taking Grandma and Grandpa back to the airport. Time really flies when you’re relaxing and having a good time. I cannot wait until they come back.

Shelley I’m sitting in a hotel posting this so you have some photos to look at.









































3 comments:

Shelley said...

Thank you! They are great photos, miss you guys!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

What a great weekend you all had! Thanks for inviting us to the party. It was nice to meet all your family. I even took some of those photos posted on the blog! I feel so special :)

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Hey Guys! Here is a link to the photos I took at the party on Saturday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50325108@N00/tags/prohibitionparty/