Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Weekend Full Of Fun

This last weekend my mom flew into town for a short 5 day visit. Paige only gets to see her about every 4 months so we packed a lot of fun things in those short 5 days. Friday Paige and Grandma hung out at the house all day and played and watched movie like Polar Express and of course Cinderella. Friday evening we went to the Grove Park and looked at all the gingerbread houses and watched the sunset. It was really nice. Lyn meet us downtown after work for dinner.
Saturday morning we headed of to Johnson City for my cross race. I felt pretty weak and no real snap. I’m sure it has to due with the fact I have not been riding like I should be. It's always difficult for me to have a good late season run. Between family, work, and riding something has to give. Family is first, and we need to eat, so that leaves riding. I have one more race this weekend and I’m done for a while. I might try and hit a few races in January but we’ll see. Lyn and I are expecting our new addition to the family in January so I might be doing no racing whatsoever in January. Anyways…I did my race and bolted over to Newland, NC to cut our Christmas tree and stay at the family cabin.

Saturday afternoon we went to our favorite Christmas tree farm on Hickory Nut Gap in Newland. After Lyn and I went around and around about how big of a tree we need, I ended up winning the battle on size. We loaded up the tree and headed back to the cabin to relax and watch some college football. Later that evening we had a great dinner at a place called The Best Cellar. Very good food!!!!!

Got up Sunday morning and I was supposed to race but bailed. I decided it was more important to spend the time with family so we went to Grandfather Mountain and hiked around. The weather was cool but really good views. After Grandfather Mountain we headed back to Asheville to put up our new tree.

The tree fit perfect with very little trimming. Lyn, you need to listen to your husband when it comes to Christmas trees. So we got the tree up and Grandma decided we need to do a little Christmas shopping for Paige. Lyn and I are not big shoppers but my mother doesn’t get that many opportunities to shop for Paige so of course we headed out to shop. Where else to go but Toy”R”Us. We loaded up with some really good things we all think Paige is going to enjoy. Not a bunch of plastic things that make horrible sounds, but more mind stimulating things. We also got a few more lights for the tree and headed to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants down the street from the house. When we got home from dinner we put some lights on the tree and called it a night.

Monday came around and Grandma and Paige did a lot of the same things. Read books, played with a few new toys she got on Sunday, and of course watched a few Walt Disney movies.

Here are a few photos from the weekend. Thanks for coming mom. It is always great to see you.

Grandma and Paige showing off Paige's new Disney figures

Paige having a good time at dinner.



Paige is tired of her stright hair


At little cross actions Saturday morning


Trying to gap the group I was with and bridge up to the top three guys








Paige thought this tree would work in her room


On the hunt


Yes....I'm always working.


Paige helping me put up the tree


Paige telling me what she thinks we should do


Mom and Paige enjoying the tree


Doing some decorating


Paige talking to Santa Clause about wanting a bike for Christmas. Yes!!!!


Putting the final touch on the tree.

No comments: