Sunday, November 18, 2007

UCI Race #1 Down

Frank and Anne made the trip over for the UCI weekend. Frank is the master mechanic for several racers and lucky for me he helps me out. They got in around 7:30 Friday night and Frank had to build some wheels for Charlie. Frank never stops. He's either fixing someone’s bike or building a bada** wheelset. Saturday’s race went pretty good but midway through the race my cleat came loose on my right shoe. Luckily Frank was in the pits and ready to help. I pulled in all NASCAR style. It took maybe 14 seconds and I was back on the course. Thanks a million Frank. I also took a big cooler of beer and put a sign on it that said FREE BEER! It was a big hit with all the racers and fans. It helped motivate people to really heckle the racers.
Today is round two and hopefully I saved a little for today. We'll see.
Frank building wheels Friday night

People learning the rumor is true. There really is free beer!


Mommy and Paige after the race.

2 comments:

Steve said...

How did your races go?

The Fun Park said...

It was a rough two days of racing. I'm pretty tired today. Saturday I got 15th and Sunday I'm not sure. I had to leave before the results.