Monday, November 19, 2007

Round Two Of The NC Grand Pix UCI Race.

Another day of pain and fun in Hendersonville, NC. On Saturday I put in a pretty big effort to try and get back with the leaders after I had to pit and fix my cleat. I could feel that effort on Sunday when I was warming up. I’m not making any excuses but I could tell I burned a few extra candles. Sunday’s race started off horrible. I got a pathetic start and was in dead last. Talk about having my work cut out for me. So I fought back and made some ground. I made it back to around mid pack and found Tim. Tim and I worked with each other for the last half of the race. I figured if we would battle each other we would ride faster as two. Needless to say at the end of the race we could not catch the lead group. Tim and I had a really good time beating each other up. Tim nudged me out at the finish line. All and all it was a good weekend. Saturday I got 15th and I’m not sure how I finished on Sunday.

It was good seeing Frank and Anne, and the rest of the CX family.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Strong work KB! It's tough racing back to back days!

The Fun Park said...

Amen brother! My heart rate monitor said on Saturday I averaged 87% and hit 98% several times. I think my MHR is set a little low compared to actual. Sunday I ran an average of 83% and hit 97% a few times. Anyways....yes it's an art to learn how to recover and be as fast if not faster on the second day.

Steve said...

Yikes! I never wear my hr monitor in a race....I guess I just don't want to know.

Great job racing! Let's see some photos!

The Fun Park said...

I never used to even have a heart monitor. I just started wearing one this year. I figured in order for me to come close to being somewhat competitive with the little time I actually get to ride I needed to do something. I’m now getting better workouts in less time. I just started wearing it racing a few weeks ago. I also wanted to know how hard I push myself so I can figure out what it takes to recover. I do a lot of two day cross races. Wow….I’m learning a lot.

I'm horrible at getting photos. I always take a camera but leave it in my bag. I'll see if someone has any