Saturday, August 04, 2007

Man’s Best Friend?


I’m sure I’m going to offend a few people with this post. People….stop mountain biking with your dogs! I have finally hit my threshold of being silent about this issue. Today I saw another guy at the end of a decent hanging out. I was climbing up where he just came down and he was calling for his dog. About 2 or 3 minutes after I passed the guy heading up the trail I saw this poor dog. It was barely able to walk and completely warn out. Because of this guys stupidity his poor dog was beyond suffering. This is a common sight where I live and I don’t understand it. I guess it’s cool to ride and run the s*** out of your poor dog. I refuse to ride anymore with people who insist on bring their dog. If your going for a leisure ride around the neighborhood big deal. If you’re hitting the trails do your dog a favor and leave it at home. I’m sure your dog would rather live a health long life vs. a short arthritic one.

When I have asked people why they ride with their dog they almost always say the same thing, "they love it!". I have news for all of you. A dog is extremely obedient. So much so they don’t know when to stop. If you want a somewhat active dog to ride with you they’re not going to say no. They will run themselves into the ground. They don’t know when to stop. Do your dog a favor and help make the right decisions for their own good.

They call dog mans best friend. So this is how we treat a best friend? I would love to take someone out and make them run behind me on a little 10 mile mountain bike ride. If I did this to a friend I would have to guess they would be second guessing our friendship. Ok…enough for now.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I would pee on your pillow....plus running SUCKS!