Sunday, May 20, 2007

My House to Cherokee

I decided once again to put the hurt on myself. This is one of my ways to relieving my everyday stress load. I decided to ride from my house to Cherokee, NC. It’s about 80 miles to the KOA campground from our house. Because I have such an understanding and lovable wife she agreed to meet me at the campground. The Blue Ridge Parkway is an extremely challenging area to ride. You work for ever bit of elevation you gain. When you ride the Parkway you’re either going up or down. Not too many flat sections. Actually I only know of one section that flat and it’s only about 3 miles long. I took off at about 12:00 noon and arrived at about 5:30pm. 16,000 plus feet of climbing...it was a great and challenging ride. Below is the profile of the ride. A lot of climbing but that's the way I like it!

No flat sections here

No comments: