Monday, December 11, 2006

What A Great Saturday

What a busy weekend! Saturday morning we finally decided we did not have enough time to go tree hunting this year so we went the easy route….the Farmers Market! It’s about 5 miles down the road and all the tree farms have an area to buy their trees. Actually we got a tree cheaper and nicer….score! I got the tree home, pulled out the chain saw (and in the words of Tim Allen….har,har,har,har), trimmed it up, put it in the stand, and got it in the house in recorded time. Paige went down for her morning nap to prepare her for the next big event on the schedule….Major Bear!

You ask…what the heck is Major Bear? I asked the same question and the answer is a bear (a person in a costume, not real) that comes to the Groove Park for a visit. So Lyn, Paige, myself, Lyn’s Dad, brother, sister, and sisters boyfriend all partook in the event. Paige went absolutely crazy! Dancing with the bear, talking to Santa, and showing off. It was a lot of fun.

Lyn’s Dad took Paige back to his house for the night so Lyn and I could have a night out on the town. But before we hit the town we went for a much needed ride together. We rarely get to ride with each other. There was a little snow on the trials but that didn’t stop us crazy and wild kids. The ride was great!

Alright… now it’s off to town we go. Sushi, saki, beers, chocolate, and finally ice skating…what! Did I just hear ice skating….are you serious? Lyn looks at me dead in the eyes and says “yes…and your going to do it”. I tried pleading for an out but there was no way that was an option. I strapped on my ice skates and took off like Mark Hammel I mean Hamilton. Got into my full speed back wards skate mode getting ready to perform the lay, tuck, tuck…oops wrong movie. I meant my back flip and Lyn yells…watch out for that kid? I woke from my daze and grabbed my skates for real and started lacing them up. Off to the ice we went. I think I made it around about 5 times and it was all over for me.

On our way home there is a Toy’s R Us so we decided to stop in and have a look. We are helping several children this year that are in need. So we bought a bike, go figure. I also ended up buying Paige a motorized go kart for Christmas. It is the coolest thing! I cannot wait for her to take her first drive. I’ll make sure to take plenty of pictures.

Sunday was race day for me and continuing education for Lyn. It was a great weekend.





No comments: