Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Fun Packed Weekend

Another big weekend of fun. I cannot believe how nice the weather has been. It’s been in the upper 60’s to lower 70’s for the last 6 days. This weekend is cross nationals and unfortunately I could not make the trip so I decided to run myself into the ground. Let me give you a quick recap of the weekend activities.

Friday 1:30pm – Took the afternoon off of work to spend time mountain biking with my good friend Randall. He and his wife are going to have a baby any day now. She was due on 12/17. We did a great 2.5 hour ride in the backyard. Of course I did not actually get the rest of the afternoon off like planned. After catching up on some e-mails, making a few phone calls, and putting out some fires, I got to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. A few beers on the sun deck and a good Mexican dinner helped close out the day.

Saturday 10:00am – Lyn and I got to do another ride together. Wow….two weeks in a row! We meet up with a few friends in Pisgah National Forest and did a great 3 hour mountain bike ride. The views were awesome, the trails were in great condition, and the weather was perfect. After the ride we all went back to our house and ate some good food and hung out on the deck in the sun. After about an hour I got a call from a neighbor about doing a night ride. Night ride….ok.

Saturday 6:45pm – Scott and I took off for the back yard. It was a perfect night! The sky was clear, the stars where bright, and it was still in the 50’s which was amazing. We ended up riding for about 2.5 hours. When I got back to the house I cracked open a cold one to celebrate our great day of riding.

Sunday 10:00am – Another beautiful day on the rise. Lets see….I have done a lot of mountain biking over the last few days I guess it’s time for a road ride. I decided it was a great day for the Asheville Roubaix route. The ride is 35 to 40 miles and 60% pavement and about 40% dirt road. It’s was a fantastic ride! No flats and a lot of mountain bikes giving that look “what the hell is that guy doing out her on a road bike”. A few hours later I’m back at home hanging out on the deck in the sun with Paige and Lyn.

Sunday 1:45pm – We actually went out and braved the crazy Christmas shoppers to get a few little things. We got everything we needed in recorded time and back to the house we went.

Sunday 4:45pm – I still had a lot of scrape wood for our fire pit so I decided tonight was a great night to do some burning. With the help of Lyn’s brother we made a huge fire. Paige loves it when we build a fire. We grilled up hotdogs, pork chops, and pasta. It was a great end to a beautiful weekend.




Riding in the back yard!

When your wife is about ready to pop you must keep in touch at all times.


Right after I took this photo of this sticker a gun shot went off in the back ground. Keep on riding man!!!!

Here's something I have not seen in a long time. Lyn's and my bike loaded in the back of my truck heading out to Pisgah National Forest. This opportunity only comes around a few times a year for us.

No comments: