Sunday, March 19, 2006

Girls on Single Speeds

They have been building a new trail in the back yard. The Forest Service hired a professional trail building company to do the work. It took 5 or 6 guys about 4 weeks to complete the trail. All I can say is WOW!!!!! I have ridden trails all of the US and this one ranks up there with some of the best. This is going to be one of those trails a lot of people could possible get hurt on. It’s not technical but it’s extremely fast and is like a giant BMX track that goes down hill. Absolutely amazing! I was going to take some photos today but I could not get myself to stop.

Yesterday Lyn and her girlfriends went out for a ride. Lyn and another girl she rides with have been talking about putting together single speeds. Well…Saturday Lyn’s friend showed up for the ride on her newly built single speed. Girls on single speeds…you have got to love it. Lyn road it for a little bit and liked it. Below is a photo of her old Ritchey starting the conversion process. I only need a few small things and she will be good to go.


6 comments:

Dadageik said...

If you loved her, you'd buy her a NEW bike.
Come on...DO IT!

The Fun Park said...

Becasue I do love her I will not buy a new bike. No evil Lyn!

Anonymous said...

Single speeders....you're all sick I tell you!

I see that you are archiving your cross frames under the work bench.

The Fun Park said...

I need to unload a few frams. Do you know anyone who is looking for a frame? I have a 54cm Cannondale (only ridden 3 times) with a carbon fork only $450. Great deal and a great frame! My Specialized is up for sale as well for a whopping $250 and it’s a 54cm as well. If you know anyone have them e-mail me before I use e-bay. I cannot wait for my new Desalvo!!!!

Steve said...

I'm digging my DeSalvo. I'll ask around about your cross frames. Do either of the frames have disc mounts?

The Fun Park said...

no disc mounts