Saturday, November 26, 2005

I Love Thanksgiving and Go Huskers!!!

Courtesy: Scott Bruhn/NU Media RelationsCory Ross, a Denver native, caught a career-high nine passes for 129 yards and one touchdown in Nebraska's 30-3 victory.

Eat like a pig! That’s a good sign of a great Thanksgiving! We went to Johnson City, TN (that’s where Lyn’s family lives) and had one hell of a feast. All I did on Thursday was eat and sleep. We ate at Lyn’s aunt’s house around 2:00pm with something like 48 other people (huge family) and ate again with her Grandparents at about 8:00pm that night. We also managed to rally and meet some people out at a bar called CafĂ© One Eleven for a few cocktails late Thursday night.

Friday morning I managed to get a ride in. It was 25 degrees with a slight wind. COLD!!!!! Road map in my back pocket and a few hours to burn, out into the hills of Eastern Tennessee I went. I found some great one lane back roads snaking along rivers, double-wides, rusted cars stacked on top of each other, crazy dogs (thank God they were all chained to their dog houses), and a few “Good Old Boys” coming home from hunting. There were a few areas I was praying I would not get a flat in or near. The “Good Old Boys” in the hills are usually pretty nice unless you step on their property, and I have no idea how they would react to a grown man in spandex. I was also hoping Lance had been in the news enough that they might laugh at me and say “hey there’s Lance” because I was on a bike wearing funny clothes. Needless to say I had a great ride and no problems.

We left for home Friday night during half time of the CU vs. NU game. I wanted to make sure we made it home for the 4th quarter. What a great game!!!!! Cord feed what…that’s right what a %^& whooping NU put on the Buffs. So I drank beer and saluted the Huskers last night with pride. GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck yes! That game made up for the entire season. There are 2 teams I hate in the Big 12..KState and Colorado and we took care of both or them this year! Miss ya!

Steve said...

Doh! At least I still have my CU Cycling Team to cheer for.

Dadageik said...

Nice work Kirby! Keep up the eating!!
You know what a huge football fan I am, to hell with Colorado!
If you get a chance, check out Deliverance, I just saw it for the first time and it had me thinking back to our rides in the hills a bit. Just think, we could re-enact it: Grady could be Ned Beatty, you can be Burt Reynolds...

Talk to you soon!
KP

The Fun Park said...

I think about Deliverance almost once a week on a ride in the hills. "Squeal like a pig"