Monday, February 09, 2009

Skating The Blue Ridge Parkway

What a beautiful weekend for the outdoors. We had some snow and ice during the beginning of the week which closed down the parkway. Saturday and Sunday gave us 60+ degree weather and the parkway was still closed. What does that mean? It's skate time. I made 4 runs this weekend on the Parkway. I got Lyn to shuttle me up the dirt road that goes underneath the parkway and drop me off for my last run which was a lot less hiking. The only part I was a little concerned about was the tunnels. I used me light in motion helmet light and I was off. It was fantastic! Tons of fun. If the parkway is still closed this week I'll have to get Lyn to shuttle me up 151 to the back side of Mt. Pisgah. That should lend to a great ride down.






No comments: