Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NCGP UCI race

The NCGP was this last weekend. Once again it was a great two days of racing! The best thing was Friday afternoon I received my custom DeSalvo cross frame. The word that best describes Mike’s work is WOW!!!!! This thing is beautiful. I raced Saturday on my old faithful Special Ed but I was able to race the new bike on Sunday. Thanks to a good friend and the best mechanic I know Frank Jones for setting up my bike and making it all happen for the Sunday race. So of course in geek fashion I have attached some photos of the bike. They were taken with my phone so the quality is not that good.

Saturday’s race I finished 15th and Sunday I finished 16th. Not as good as I was shooting for but I feel it was respectful.





5 comments:

Steve said...

That sure looks like one sexy beast! It will be just a matter of time before you put the hurt on everyone.

The Fun Park said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I know this sound weak, but hopefully next year I can really put my mind into it. Paige will be two and she should be a little less demanding…yea right who am I fooling. Anyways I have a month of race left and hopefully I can make it really count.

Dadageik said...

Dizzamn! Lookit that clean white bar tape on a cross bike!
You've raised the bar again Kirby! Dura-Ace cranks and them plastic wheels--I am jealous! Good thing we don't work together, the buying spree would be on!
Good luck at the races!

mooTi22 said...

KEN!!!!!!!!!!! Get off-line and stop drooling over Kirby's bike! Get these damn dishes washed, right now!

Nice bike, Kirby!

The Fun Park said...

Come on Ken...I know you want to buy something. After you do the dishes get on-line and buy yourself something nice. Do it...do it.