Monday, May 29, 2006

Racing in Fontana, NC over the weekend

We headed to Fontana, NC for the Fontana Dam Jam mountain bike race this weekend. Of course having a child there are no photos of me racing but plenty of photos of Paige. It was a nice weekend well deserved. I’ve been working like a dog for the past year and really need to refresh my sole. The race was great but probably one of the hardest single speed races I have ever done. When you have a race as big as the Dam Jam and only a hand full of single speeders are at the start line, and everyone is looking at you like you're complete crazy, you know they did something to the course to scare everyone off. Well…they incorporated every rocky major climb in the area. Fontana is known for its steep short climbs and extremely rock trails. In short…it beat me up and I was just glad to finish (4th place). It was a great training race to see how I'm setting for cross season. I think I'm were I need to be for this time of the year.
After the race Lyn, Paige, and I headed to the pool for a little relaxation. It was Paige’s first time in a pool and she loved it. Lyn showed her old talents as a swimming instructor and Paige looked like a champ!
On our way home the next moring we stopped at Tsali, NC for a mtn bike ride. Ken...I was thinking about you. I was pretty tired from the race, but still had a great ride.



No comments: