Sunday, October 30, 2005

12 Hour Hill of Truth


I headed to Knoxville at about 6:00am Saturday morning for the 12 Hour Hill of Truth race. They limit the field to 200 riders which is really nice. With only 200 riders you get a great opportunity to meet new people and it’s a lot easier to find all your friends. So I got there around 9:30am to find one of my team mates (Lee) up and moving around and the other (Randal) still sleeping in his popup. By about 10:40am (the race starts at 11:00am) I’m yelling in the popup at Randal to get his $%# out of bed! So guess who got to lead out our team….me! Not one of the two guys who camped at the race the night before but the guy who just drove 2+ hours before the race.

The race was a lot of fun. We did pretty well considering we only had three on our team and everyone else had four. We ended up 6th in the open division so no complaints here. Mom and Paige stayed home because it has been getting down into the low 30’s at night which obviously will not fly with a 3 month old.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Who actually polished off the bottle of JD?

Anonymous said...

The kid's name in the photo is Auston and I think he polished it off?